Monday, November 3, 2014

Good 'ol days

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "the good 'ol days". Are you making a project inspired by the past, or maybe you have a nice old stamp that you wanna use again.




Personally, I like a lot of time worn techniques as well as grunge and Industrial effects. That reminded me of the tag that Tim Holtz had made for January 2014. That gave me the idea to use some of those techniques for an art journal page and with the same colors Tim used. So cool!


I used a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock as base and gave it a bit of color with Pumice Stone. I build some layers along the edges of the various washi tape with lots of stamps and stencils. The golden splashes are the Bronzer Color Shine. Gives just a bit extra, I think.

I'm loving this flat sort of clean art journal. I know that may sound silly, but most of my art journals are so exploded and pages sticking together that it's nice to have a clean looking art journal. I know I'm a bit mad, LOL!



50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

17 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous pages! I love the grungy feel and the placement of the gears and clocks are beautiful.

Olga Direktorenko said...

This is so cool! Love your artwork!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty pages, Sandra! I love the way you embellished them! :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sandy said...

Wonderful, I love the neutral colors and your design!
Sandy xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You really have a unique style with your art journals...I LOVE that! Love the brown and white tones...great pages!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a perfect piece for the challenge. Love the clock piece and the tan/black colors.

Tricia Coffin said...

This is a nice art journal page. I recently started a journal. I have all the stuff you used on your page. I think I'll use your idea if you don't mind. P.S. My 12 yr old granddaughter wore a steampunk costume for Halloween. :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful art journal pages Sandra! Love all the gears and clock!

Unknown said...

Love your art journal pages!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Gorgeous art journal pages, Sandra. Love those beautiful patterns and colors. :)

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous spread, Sandra!

barbarayaya62 said...

Wonderful pages! I like very much the color black mixed with this palette so natural and soft! Barbarayaya

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful art journal pages and I love the combination of patterns and colour ~ it's stunning, Sandra! Hugs... :)

Jenny Marples said...

LOVE how you've got so much detail onto this spread yet still kept it flat. Beautifully designed. Jenny x

Michelle said...

I was admiring these pages and it occurred to me that you would make a wonderful paper designer. The composition is wonderful and you added just the right amount of beautiful layers. Great project!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Very clever use of elements, as usual! I really like how you included the clock as both a focal point, and then the negative image of it in the background for a more subtle touch. I also thought it was great that you were inspired by Tim's January 2014 tag. It's good to look back to find inspiration as well as looking forward!

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous page Sandra! The clock, gears and cool background looks wonderful together.