Monday, June 15, 2015

Vintage pasting

Hi everyone,

It's time for a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: "Don't cut, just paste". From texture paste to paste-like paints. No cutting, but pasting.

I chose to not cut, but paste. I need to do more with the ready to go cut outs I've collected over the years. And pasting them to create a background is a perfect way to use them. Better term might be collaging. I've glued them all with Multi Medium Matt, but I didn't seal them with a layer on top, which is often done with collaging. I wanted them to remain porous, because I wanted to work with watercolor.

 

What a difference a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink on the edges of the card can do, just as some random stamping with my favorite stamp Script from Kaiser Craft and some splashes with Black Marble. These few small steps give it such a vintage vibe already.

 

With watercolor, I went along the edges of all pieces of ephemera to give it depth, but also to enhance the vintage look. I wanted more color on this card, and I put a few drops of Cracked Pistachio and Walnut Stain Distress Paint into the Texture Paste and mixed it to a vintage patina color.



I thought it was a shame to cover the background, but I wanted a sentiment on it. It was too dimensional because of the texture paint to stamp on it. So I chose to stamp with StazOn on a transparent sheet and stapled it to the card. Before I stapled it, I carefully went around the edges with a lighter to melt them a little and gave them a kind of time worn look.







50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

The patterned papers really seemed to add so much extra dimension!

Great idea! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

cheiron said...

Awesome collaged card. Love the mix of papers and the pop of that pistachio colored paste!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card would make anyone have a wonderful birthday indeed! Love what you did with all of those textures and patterns!

Beulah Bee said...

There's a great color vibe here and it was nice to see it in stages. Your point about not sealing the collage elements so that you could further tint and stamp them was well taken. The pistachio texture was a perfect compliment!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love the beautiful collaged images and great textures on this piece, Sandra. Wonderful design! :)

Anna-Karin said...

Stunning project Sandra! Love all the different patterns and textures.

Emma Williams said...

Really beautiful project Sandra and such great textures! I love it... :)

Suzanne C said...

Oh what fabulous texture with the collaged papers and the paste layers. Beautiful!