Monday, April 25, 2016

Touches of Metallic Art Journal Spread with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about Show us your metal. Simply include a metallic element somewhere on your project!



For this challenge I wasn't inspired by the physical metal, but by the metallic shimmer of metal. So many product have a metallic shimmer, such as paint, ink, sprays, gelatos and foil. For my art journal spread I chose  the metallic shimmer of Opal Magic Alchemy Paint along with Prima Rub On Foil.

 

As my first layer I used the Half Tones & Rings stamp set from Tim Holtz. What an amazing set is that! When I had it in my hands for the first time, it was inked up within a few minutes to make this art journal spread. It's perfect for making distressed looking backgrounds. The Opal Magic paint has the unique property that when it's applied to a dark surface it has a different color than on a light one. That's why I applied it over my stamped background. I didn't cover it completely, so you can see how this paint acts. So cool to see the magic!




Washi Tape is often the way I build up my projects. It's fabulous to add contrast and interest in a simple way, and from there to add layers around it. I used the Offset Dots stamp around the washi tape. And the Peacock Feathers Distress Crayon the divine it some more, but used also a Aquarelle Pencil and Pitt Artist pen.

 

Last week Simon Says Stamp has released a new release, called My Favorite, and I've used the Painted Faith die from it. But there are also released a lot of new Memory Box dies, and from that release I used the Butterfly Ensemble.



VIDEO TUTORIAL:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Simply stunning! Always love your journal pages and to see you in action is fab! xx

Stephanie said...

This is gorgeous, Sandra! The kraft paper really highlights the warm metallic colors so well!!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Barbara said...

Love new Prima acrylic Metallique! wonderful pages as always!!! Barbara

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful work~I love your color combo!

Maura said...

Beautiful shimmer of metal on your pages, Sandra! You are my hero when it comes to washi tape - I love how you use it!

Sandy said...

I should have left a comment yesterday but watched your video and then got caught up in watching some more of your videos and then saw some other videos that I want to watch and then had to go back to this post to order some Simon Says Stamp goodies that you used on your journal spread. Am I forgive??? I really enjoy your videos and this is such a wonderful journal page!
Sandy xx

Macarena said...

Ay Sandra, this is absolutely amazing! Another video that letf me speechless. I am learning so much from you and you leave me so inspired every week that I am shocked :-) And the worst part is that after watching your videos the must have list is increasing more and more, today the Prima Shine On Foil joined the must have club :-) Thank you for all this inspitarions. Can't wait next week! Hugs, Marzena

Catherine said...

I love your take on the metal element of the challenge. I love the way you colored your butterflies and the background of your piece is gorgeous! Cathie

Catherine said...

I love your take on the metal element of the challenge. I love the way you colored your butterflies and the background of your piece is gorgeous! Cathie

Meihsia Liu said...

Your journal pages are awesome, Sandra. Love the stunning background you created. :)

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful journal pages Sandra...your video tutorials have become my new guilty pleasure...hugs kath xxx

Emma Williams said...

I always love your journal pages, Sandra and you know how much I adore your videos...so, for me this is a true treat and a wonderful piece of art! Hugs... :)

Claire Grantham said...

This is great, I love seeing beautiful journal pages and your videos are superb Cx

cheiron said...

Gorgeous page. I love the use of the halftones circles, and your color combo rocks!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I really like your sentiment on this and how the butterflies, in my opinion, do represent that need to have faith and try to fly no matter how much is trying to weigh you down. This is very comforting and peaceful to look at and I love how it turned out!

Anna-Karin said...

This page is lovely Sandra! I really like the soft blue shades of the background and the beautiful butterflies.